Kristina Olsson Wins Kibble Literary Award For True Tale Of A Lost Child
Posted at 7:25AM Thursday 24 Jul 2014
Kristina Olsson and Kate Richards have won the 2014 Kibble awards for new and established female writers.
The Kibble and Dobbie literary awards are among Australia's most prestigious female literature prizes.
Olsson was awarded $30,000 as an established author for her book Boy, Lost: A Family Memoir by the Kibble Literary Award, and newcomer Richards won $5,000 for her debut Madness: A Memoir by the Dobbie Literary Award.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- CWA Daggers – 2016 Shortlists Announced
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- Recently Discovered Michael Crichton Novel Coming In 2017
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?