BSkyB Poised To Seal 'Sky Europe' Deal
Posted at 7:10AM Friday 25 Jul 2014
BSkyB is set to confirm on Friday it has sealed a £10bn deal to create Sky Europe, buying its sister pay-TV companies in Germany and Italy from Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox.
The deal will net Murdoch as much as $10bn, which is expected to be used by Fox to make an improved offer for rival media giant Time Warner, after its earlier $75bn-plus bid was knocked back in June.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
2016 Wainwright Prize Shortlist Revealed
Now in its third year, the prize awards £5,000 annually to the work that best reflects renowned nature writer Alfred Wainwright's core values of celebrating the great British outdoors
Longlist announced for McIlvanney Prize 2016
The winner of the Scottish Crime Book of the Year will now be awarded The McIlvanney Prize at an awards ceremony on the opening evening of Bloody Scotland
Most Popular Stories
- Penguin Random House To Leave Strand And Ealing Offices By 2020
- Longlist For Scottish Crime Book Of The Year Award - The McIlvanney Prize 2016
- Top German Literature Prize Goes To Marcel Beyer
- This Gay Erotica Is Helping J.K. Rowling Laugh About Brexit's 'Terrible Mess'
- Sara Nelson Heading To HarperCollins
- Alvin Toffler, Author Of Future Shock, Dies Aged 87
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Is Writing A Book Called Hit Refresh
- Penguin Random House UK Staff To Design The Workplace Of The Future
- Deon Meyer To Be Author Of The 2017 Crime & Thriller Book Weeks Gift Book
- Gove Biography Cancelled