Enid Blyton's Famous Five To Get Big Screen Adventure
Posted at 4:05PM Sunday 27 Jul 2014
Their adventures fighting smugglers, thieves and evil scientists, fuelled on a diet of potted meat sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer, have captivated children for over 70 years.
Now Enid Blyton's beloved Famous Five series is to be made into a film after UK production company Working Title acquired the theatrical rights to the books.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
2016 Wainwright Prize Shortlist Revealed
Now in its third year, the prize awards £5,000 annually to the work that best reflects renowned nature writer Alfred Wainwright's core values of celebrating the great British outdoors
Longlist announced for McIlvanney Prize 2016
The winner of the Scottish Crime Book of the Year will now be awarded The McIlvanney Prize at an awards ceremony on the opening evening of Bloody Scotland
Most Popular Stories
- Penguin Random House To Leave Strand And Ealing Offices By 2020
- Penguin Random House UK Staff To Design The Workplace Of The Future
- Longlist For Scottish Crime Book Of The Year Award - The McIlvanney Prize 2016
- Sara Nelson Heading To HarperCollins
- Top German Literature Prize Goes To Marcel Beyer
- This Gay Erotica Is Helping J.K. Rowling Laugh About Brexit's 'Terrible Mess'
- Cormac McCarthy is alive and well
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Is Writing A Book Called Hit Refresh
- Alvin Toffler, Author Of Future Shock, Dies Aged 87
- Gove Biography Cancelled