Scrabble Adds 5,000 Words To Players' Dictionary Including 'Selfie', 'Bromance' And 'Chillax'
Posted at 7:38AM Wednesday 06 Aug 2014
Scrabble has added 5,000 words, including "selfie" and "bromance", to the upcoming edition of the official Scrabble dictionary.
The new words add about 40 pages to the Scrabble-sanctioned dictionary, which was first published in 1978 and already lists more than 100,000 playable words.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
2016 Wainwright Prize Shortlist Revealed
Now in its third year, the prize awards £5,000 annually to the work that best reflects renowned nature writer Alfred Wainwright's core values of celebrating the great British outdoors
Longlist announced for McIlvanney Prize 2016
The winner of the Scottish Crime Book of the Year will now be awarded The McIlvanney Prize at an awards ceremony on the opening evening of Bloody Scotland
Most Popular Stories
- Penguin Random House To Leave Strand And Ealing Offices By 2020
- Penguin Random House UK Staff To Design The Workplace Of The Future
- Longlist For Scottish Crime Book Of The Year Award - The McIlvanney Prize 2016
- Top German Literature Prize Goes To Marcel Beyer
- Sara Nelson Heading To HarperCollins
- This Gay Erotica Is Helping J.K. Rowling Laugh About Brexit's 'Terrible Mess'
- Alvin Toffler, Author Of Future Shock, Dies Aged 87
- Cormac McCarthy is alive and well
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Is Writing A Book Called Hit Refresh
- Gove Biography Cancelled