Scrabble Adds 5,000 Words To Players' Dictionary Including 'Selfie', 'Bromance' And 'Chillax'
Posted at 7:38AM Wednesday 06 Aug 2014
Scrabble has added 5,000 words, including "selfie" and "bromance", to the upcoming edition of the official Scrabble dictionary.
The new words add about 40 pages to the Scrabble-sanctioned dictionary, which was first published in 1978 and already lists more than 100,000 playable words.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
PRH Canada Opens Toronto Bookstore
Penguin Random House Canada has opened a new "Penguin Shop" bookstore on the first floor of the tower that houses the company's offices in Toronto
Most Popular Stories
- Man Booker winner The Luminaries adapted for TV
- Vice Head: Prepare For Media Bloodbath
- How to Be Active on Social Media without Losing Your Mind
- Marilynne Robinson wins literary peace prize for tales 'of reconciliation and love'
- Donald Trump Used $55k Of Campaign Funds To Buy His Own Book
- Boardman Tasker Award for Mountain Literature 2016 Shortlist
- Beijing Book Fair 2016: Positive Vibes And Surprising Growth
- Women in UK still far adrift on salary and promotion
- Meet the 'Human Google' at the New York Public Library
- 'Do a Bradbury' and 'bogan' among 6,000 new entries in Australian National Dictionary