McCall Smith Is Shortlisted For The Scottish Children's Book Awards
Posted at 8:59AM Thursday 28 Aug 2014
The shortlist, featuring nine books, also includes one of Scotland's youngest published authors.
The awards are split into three age categories: Bookbug readers (3-7 yrs), younger readers (8-11 yrs) and older readers (12-16 yrs).
McCall Smith's Precious and the Mystery of the Missing Lion is in the younger readers' section.
Run by Scottish Book Trust with support from Creative Scotland and voted for by children, they are Scotland's largest book awards with a total prize fund of £12,000.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
S&S to Distribute Ryland, Peters & Small in USA
Effective August 1, Simon & Schuster will handle distribution in North America of new and backlist publishing for Ryland, Peters & Small, including its CICO Books line
Most Popular Stories
- Blockbuster Growth At Amazon Driven By Global Shoppers And Cloud Computing
- Reddoor Do First Foreign Rights Deal – 10,000 Euros For Debut Author Mark Thompson
- Trusted Media Brands Cuts Children's Book Publisher
- Hans Fallada Novel, Nightmare In Berlin, Gets First English Translation
- HBG Reports Earnings Jump Despite Sales Drop
- Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book Pre-orders Pass 100,000 At Waterstones
- Hachette Book Group Reorganizes Sales Staff
- Amazon Boss Becomes World's Third Richest
- Man Booker Prize 2016: Who Will Make The Longlist?
- Announcing the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Winners