Institutional Sexism Of Books World Needs New Girls' Network
Posted at 8:45AM Saturday 03 Mar 2012
For those of us who pay attention, the Vida count was Groundhog Day all over again: new year, same dismal statistics, same sober/inadvertently hilarious excuse-making as editors try to explain away their lack of women's voices.
and more in The Guardian
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
Most Popular Stories
- Paleo baby food blogger Charlotte Carr making money doing voiceovers on fast food adverts
- Fixing Prices at IPA
- EU Launching a EU-Wide Single Digital Market?
- Tomas Transtroemer, Swedish Poet And Nobel Winner, Dies
- Amazon Makes Even Temporary Warehouse Workers Sign 18-month Non-Competes
- Authors: end to censored versions of books is 'victory for the world of dirt'
- New Class Action Suit Filed Against Penguin Random House, Author Solutions
- Poisoned Pen To Bring Back Golden Age British Library Mysteries
- James Herriot Statue Unveiled In Thirsk
- EU plans competition inquiry into e-commerce sector