Murdoch To Split News Corp Early
Posted at 7:30AM Monday 03 Dec 2012
News Corp said in June that it would separate its troubled newspaper and book publishing assets from its more valuable film and television businesses, which generate 74pc of its $33.4bn (£20.9m) annual revenues and 90pc of its profits.
At the time, Mr Murdoch said he hoped to complete the process within 12 months. However, it has brought the carve up forward to the end of the month, as it tries to limit the damage caused by the News of the World phone-hacking scandal to the rest of the media empire.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Wattpad Delivers Erotic Romance Via New App
Wattpad, the online reading and writing community, has released After Dark, an app that offers its users a curated selection of romance and erotica.
B&N Will Separate College from Trade, Nook Units
By keeping the trade stores together with the Nook business, B&N creates a company with a strong physical store presence as well as a large, if unprofitable, digital operation
Most Popular Stories
- Isis Burns Thousands Of Books And Rare Manuscripts From Mosul's Libraries
- Has Jamie Dornan Walked Away From Fifty Shades Of Grey?
- Nick Esson Passes Away
- Hitler's Mein Kampf To Be Reprinted In Germany For First Time Since World War II
- JRR Tolkien Falls Off Children's Most Popular Books List
- London's Calling For Foreign Publishers Who Want New Harper Lee
- Booktrack Adds Movie-style Soundtrack To E-books
- Finalists Announced For 2014 Bram Stoker Awards
- Author Ken Cook Loses Copyright Claim Against Amazon
- Amazon Tries To Patent 3d Printers On Trucks