Rethinking Book Marketing And Its Organization In The Big Houses
Posted at 8:37AM Tuesday 18 Dec 2012
Here's a modest proposal about how marketers at big publishers should be organized.
By audience segment, or, to use my own favored terminology, by vertical.
Marketing demands it and entirely new business opportunities — beyond publishing — can arise from it.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Feature Items
Comprehensive, accurate, timely metadata still isn't a given
Most Popular Stories
- Now Even Waterstones Is Mocking Cameron's Photo On Twitter
- AL Kennedy - Book Trade Obsessed By Thirtysomethings
- The Canadian Government Is Seeking To Destroy Kobo
- The 13 Best Books Of 2013: The Definitive Annual Reading List Of Overall Favorites
- Anne Carson Is Bookies' Favourite To Win Inaugural Folio Prize
- Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2014 Longlist
- Lindsay Lohans $1m Book Deal
- Baileys Women's Prize 2014: Longlist announced
- Egmont Launches Non-Fiction Imprint With Board Books For Pre-Schoolers
- Academy Of British Cover Design Award Winners