George R.R. Martin's Editor Suggests 8 Books Are Possible
Posted at 8:01AM Tuesday 03 Jun 2014
Anne Groell, an executive editor at Penguin Random House, recently answered questions from fans at Suvudu.com, where she admitted that Martin may exceed the promised seven books of his wildly popular fantasy series.
Though Groell had always championed the idea of "Seven books for Seven Kingdoms," she hints that the matter may not be quite so clear-cut.
Get book trade news by email
Daily book trade headlines and breaking publishing news by email - just £3 a month. Click on the Subscribe button below to sign up now
Find out more
More Book Trade News
Creative industries 'booming' in UK
The UK's creative industries are having a boom in employment and exports, says a report from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport
Busting The Copyright And Digital Single Market Myths
Copyright is delivering a digital single market. The ability of publishers to simultaneously license works across the EU - and in many cases the world - derives from the current copyright framework
Most Popular Stories
- EL James's Twitter Q&A goes awry
- Amazon To Offer One-hour Delivery In London
- Malta Is About To Become The Hot Setting For America's Latest Crime Bestsellers
- Scribd Cuts Romance Catalog
- Netflix Launches Pay-as-you-go Cards
- Apple Loses Appeal, E-book Decision Is Affirmed
- Claire Denis, Zadie Smith, Wild Bunch On Space Mission
- What The Hell Happens At A Publishing Hackathon?
- New Chair Of Edinburgh International Book Festival Board Announced
- Disney Folds Publishing Into New Interactive Media Division